In Chapter 6, Creating and Importing 3D Objects for Our Game, we worked on our game environment and added several assets to our game project. We added and planted our cherry trees and prepared six areas for our cucumber patches. We also learned how to import assets from the Unity Asset Store, as well as from third-party sources.
In this chapter, we will incorporate our game's player character, the Cucumber Man. We will import the character, review the controls, examine the animations, and make the necessary configuration changes to fully use our character in the game. By the end of the chapter, you will be able to start testing the game in game-mode.
We will look at the following topics in this chapter:
- Working with Unity's standard asset package
- Importing the game character
- Configuring the player controller
- Fine-tuning our character
- Animating our player character
- Terraforming the terrain for our Cucumber Man