As you will remember from Chapter 3, Designing the Game, we determined that we would have six on-screen components: health, lives, score, cherries, cucumbers, and Cucumber Beetles. That design will now be modified to include a mini-map in the lower-right-hand corner of the screen:
- Player Health: This will consist of a text label indicating Health and a health meter tied to the Cucumber Man's health.
- Lives: We will have a visual indication of the Cucumber Man's remaining lives. The player will start with three lives.
- Score: We will add a text label indicating the score and then have the player's actual score updated here.
- Cherries: The number of cherries the Cucumber Man has will be updated and displayed here.
- Mini-Map: This will be a mini-map that shows an overview of the game map with indicators of where the Cucumber Beetles are...