This chapter was about unit testing and debugging C programs. As a summary, in this chapter:
- We talked about testing, and why it is important to us as software engineers and development teams.
- We also discussed the different levels of testing like unit testing, integration testing, and system testing.
- Functional and non-functional testing were also covered.
- Regression testing was explained.
- CMocka and Google Test, as two well-known testing libraries for C, were explored and some examples were given.
- We talked about debugging and various types of bugs.
- We discussed debuggers, memory profilers, thread debuggers, and performance debuggers which can help us to have a more successful investigation while working on a bug.
The next chapter is about the build systems available for C projects. We will discuss what a build system is and what features it can bring in, which will eventually help us to automate the process of building a huge...