One of the core tenets of requirements gathering for a business is not re-inventing the wheel. This means that if someone has already built the functionality you are looking to implement, why not use it? In the Salesforce ecosystem, third-party applications serve this purpose. Third-party applications are created and published for installation on Salesforce AppExchange, and they can be free or paid for. Another hot topic for business requirements gathering is accessing Salesforce through your mobile phone or tablet.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics in detail:
- Using third-party applications
- What are managed and unmanaged package applications?
- Using Salesforce AppExchange
- Installing third-party applications
- Uninstalling third-party applications
- Configuring Salesforce Mobile using the Mobile App Quickstart