One of the few constants in our work with data is the amount of change in the volume, sources, and types of data that we deal with. Being able to quickly combine data from different sources and explore them is crucial. Dash is not only for exploring data; it can be used for almost all phases of the data analysis process, from exploration to operational production environments.
In this chapter, we will get an overview of Dash's ecosystem and focus on building the layout, or the user-facing part, of the app. By the end of the chapter, you will be able to build a running app with almost any visual component you want, but without interactivity.
The following topics will be covered:
- Setting up your environment
- Exploring Dash and other supporting packages
- Understanding the general structure of a Dash app
- Creating and running the simplest app
- Adding HTML and other components to the app
- Learning how to structure the layout and managing themes