You must be wondering whether Jira Software is sufficient for your development project needs and we need to discuss some points to understand why Jira is probably the best choice for project management.
The advantages of Jira Software are as follows:
- Jira supports standard development methodologies
- It can be used out-of-the-box
- Apart from out of box templates, custom workflows can be created to support the processes
- Different roles such as developments and testers can be defined
- It supports integration with development tools such as Bitbucket, GitHub, Bamboo, and Jenkins
- Jira perfectly supports DevOps practices
Apart from using just Jira, which is a great issue-tracking tool, in Chapter 1, Introducing Jira, we discussed the concept of the Marketplace app to extend the features of Jira Software.
Some examples of popular apps for extending...