In order to let you try the programs right from the start, we've set up a Docker image that has all the tools and libraries we'll need throughout the book. It is based on Ubuntu 19.04.
In order to set it up, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Docker Engine from www.docker.com.
- Pull the image from Docker
Hub: docker pull kasperondocker/system_programming_cookbook:latest
- The image should now be available. Type in the following command to view the image: docker images
- You should have this image now: kasperondocker/system_programming_cookbook
- Run the Docker image with an interactive shell with the help of the following command: docker run -it --cap-add sys_ptrace kasperondocker/system_programming_cookbook:latest /bin/bash
- The shell on the running container is now available. Use root@39a5a8934370...