Okay; after all of that, you've decided to go with Unity—great decision! Now, where do we start? Let's start with a simple but necessary first step: installing Unity. It seems like a straightforward first step, but we can discuss a little bit about the proper ways to install it. In this section, we will be looking at the following concepts:
- Unity technical requirements
- Unity versions
- Installing Unity
- If you use Windows, you need Windows 7 SP1 or higher, 8 or 10. Unity will run only on 64-bit versions of those systems; there is no 32-bit support.
- For Mac you need macOS High Sierra 10.13 or higher.
- For Linux you need exactly Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04 or CentOS 7.
- Your CPU needs to support 64 bits and SSE2 (most CPUs support it).
- A graphics card with DirectX 10 support (most modern GPUs support it) on Windows, Metal support on Mac and Open...