Users and groups are at the core of every administrative decision you will make. Before you can create policies or configure some admin center features, you will need to have groups thoughtfully provisioned to be used for appropriate licensing, security, and experience enhancement.
In this chapter, we'll cover Microsoft 365 identity management basics. This includes creation and management of both users and groups and introduces you to a couple of essential security topics such as enabling multi-factor authentication (MFA) through Security Defaults and assigning admin roles.
The recipes included in this chapter are as follows:
- Creating a new user
- Importing users in bulk
- Creating a new Office 365 group
- Enabling Security Defaults (MFA)
- Exporting users
- Managing guest users
- Creating a user template
- Restricting users from creating new O365 groups
- Assigning the User Administrator admin role in Azure Active Directory (AD)
- Managing admin roles in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center